Nominations for the UK Nuclear Skills Awards have launched!
- Do you employ an individual who is starting out in their career in nuclear, who has made an impact on your department/organisation?
- Do they regularly ‘go the extra’ mile for the business, over-achieve, and act as an excellent role model to more recent entrants, and for the industry as a whole?
- Do you employ an individual who has a passion for equality, diversity and inclusion, who has made a real difference in your organisation?
Why not nominate them for a UK Nuclear Skills Award?
All companies working in or with the nuclear sector are invited to put forward their nominations in the following categories.
- Business Service Apprentice of the Year
- Engineering Apprentice of the Year
- Manufacturing Apprentice of the Year
- Scientific Apprentice of the Year
- Engineering Graduate of the Year
- Science Graduate of the Year
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champion of the Year?
- UK Nuclear STEM Ambassador Award
- Subject Matter Expert Award - details to be announced shortly
These individuals probably don’t realise how well they are performing, so this is your chance to let them know.
The selected finalists for all the categories will be invited to attend the high profile UK Nuclear Skills Awards dinner which will be held on the 21st March 2019 in Manchester. The Dinner is a collaborative event organised by NSAN and Cogent Skills.
The UK Nuclear Skills Awards Dinner is a firm favourite on the nuclear event calendar and is expected to sell quickly. Early booking is encouraged via NSAN or Cogent Skills. The UK Nuclear Skills Awards is also the perfect evening to promote your organisation. A number of sponsorships are also available.
Jo Tipa, Managing Director of NSAN commented:
“The UK Nuclear Skills Awards is the nuclear industry’s skills event of the year. I would urge any interested individuals to get involved.
The Awards highlight the exceptional quality of people of all levels, who are committed to careers in the nuclear sector. The event also shines a spotlight on the vital work done by the training and education professionals working in and with the nuclear industry across the UK.”
Joanna Woolf, CEO of Cogent Skills added:
“Cogent Skills and NSAN are once again delighted to open the nominations for the UK Nuclear Skills Awards, to showcase the outstanding talent working in the sector. All the entrants, those shortlisted and the winners represent fantastic role models to others, often going the extra mile in their jobs and striving for excellence in everything they do.
“These fantastic Awards show the commitment the nuclear industry has in investing in and developing the workforce, now further supported by the establishment of the Nuclear Skills Strategy Group, whose nuclear employer members are driving forward a nuclear skills plan underpinned by equality, diversity and inclusion.”
For further information on making a nomination click here
Closing date for all applications 5pm on the 26th October 2018.
All queries in the first instance should be forwarded to Mary Kinsella, Communications Manager, NSAN, email@example.com
Kate Hutchins, Membership and Events Manager, Cogent Skills firstname.lastname@example.org