NSAN provider Liverpool University has launched a Postgraduate Award in Science and Technology Leadership developed in collaboration with NSAN member the National Nuclear Laboratory.
Accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), the programme has been designed to enable existing and aspiring junior and mid-level career scientists and engineers within government research laboratories or large private sector science and technology research and development divisions to create organisational and personal impacts. It will use small group teaching, in leadership and ethics, technical committees, intellectual integrity, advanced report writing and continued applied learning.
The Award in Science and Technology Leadership is a 35 credit programme consisting of four 5-credit modules plus a 15-credit embedded assignment performed within the delegate’s organisation. The modular structure of the programme allows for delegates to complete the programme at a pace to suit their own needs and commitments within a period of 9 to 24 months.
Throughout the programme, delegates will undertake a sequenced timetable of lectures, seminars, interactive tasks and discussions including one day intensive workshops at the Liverpool in London Campus, supported by online materials and guided reading before reflecting on the same.
The aims of this course are to:
- Introduce the principles and practice of leadership
- Explore what it means to be an ethical leader
- Examine effective techniques for presenting the outcomes of technical investigations and projects for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Explore and discuss issues associated with producing high-quality and well-regarded technical work that leads to a recognised reputation.
For further details on the full programme – click here
Modules can be taken as stand-alone
- Course 1 - Science Leadership and Ethics Spring 2018
- Course 2 - Influencing Technical Decision-Makers May 2018
- Course 3 - Evidence based Scientific Writing June 2018
- Course 4 - Scientific Impact and Reputation July 2018
START DATE: 7 April 2018
DURATION: 9-24 months (part-time)