- Do you employ an individual who is starting out in their career in nuclear, who has made an impact your department/organisation?
- Do they regularly ‘go the extra’ mile for the business, over achieve and provide an excellent role model to more recent entrants, and for the industry as a whole?
- Why not nominate them for a UK Nuclear Skills Award?
The search for the 2017 nuclear industry stars of present and future has begun. The awards are now open to all companies working in or with the nuclear industry. All the winners will be announced at the 10th UK Nuclear Skills Awards evening on the 15th March 2018.
All companies working in or with the nuclear sector are invited to put forward their nominations in the following categories for their stars of the future. These stars probably don’t realise how well they are performing, so this is your chance to let them know.
Applications are invited in the categories of
- Business Service Apprentice of the Year
- Engineering Apprentice of the Year
- Manufacturing Apprentice of the Year
- Scientific Apprentice of the Year
- Engineering Graduate of the Year
- Scientific Graduate of the Year
- Post Graduate of the Year
- STEM Ambassador Award
The selected finalists for all the categories will be invited to attend the high profile UK Nuclear Skills Awards dinner which will be held on the 15th March 2018 in Manchester. The Dinner is a collaborative event organised by the National Skills Academy Nuclear and Cogent Skills.
The UK Nuclear Skills Awards Dinner is a firm favourite on the nuclear event calendar and is expected to sell quickly. Early booking is encouraged via NSAN or Cogent. The UK Nuclear Skills Awards is also the perfect evening to promote your organisation - sponsorships are available.
Jean Llewellyn OBE, Chief Executive of the National Skills Academy for Nuclear
“This is an event that is organised on behalf of industry. For the first time the categories have been opened to invite nominations from companies that are not members of NSAN or Cogent Skills. Making this, the tenth event, even bigger and more industry focussed than ever before.
Every year the independent award panels have a very tough task ahead of them. I expect that this year will be another tall order for the panels, as we expect that the changes to categories to encourage even more nominations for industry.
The UK Nuclear Skills Awards is the nuclear industry’s skills event of the year, and really highlights the nuclear professionals of the future.”
Closing date for all applications 27th October 2017.
All queries in the first instance should be forwarded to Mary Kinsella, Communications Manager, National Skills Academy for Nuclear firstname.lastname@example.org.