The nuclear industry has an ageing demographic proﬁle, and around 20% of the workforce are either subject matter experts (a relatively small number of experts with specialist skills which take a long time to acquire) or, more commonly, in roles requiring nuclear skills (specialist skills only required in the nuclear industry).
Effective knowledge management is about how best to identify critical people and roles and develop processes and techniques to store and transfer critical knowledge and expertise, for example between the generations of old and new employees, or between different nations, sites, departments and teams.
Who should attend?
The course has been constructed for anyone working in the nuclear sector and its supply chain seeking to increase their awareness of knowledge management principles and method and international developments of beneﬁt to the UK. It is particularly relevant for HR and training professionals, heads of department, senior and middle managers.
Internationally acknowledged expert Ron Young, Knowledge Associates International, KM author, practitioner, and Chair of BSI KM Standards Committee.
The day is split into two sessions and delegates can choose to attend the full day, or the morning or afternoon session only.
- Morning Session - What is Knowledge Management & why we need to invest in it?
- Afternoon Session - How to implement effective Knowledge Management?
Full details can be found in the flyer below.
The sessions will be interactive, with examples drawn from Industry and Government. Participants will have the opportunity to share and discuss their own experiences to enhance learning outcomes.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles and purpose of KM processes
- Discuss the beneﬁts of ISO Global KM Standards
- Share insights of the impacts successful KM implementations have on individual, team and organisational performance
- Describe powerful KM tools and techniques
- Understand how to start to implement a KM programme
- Where to go for additional information and support
Dates / Region 2018
15th February 2018 - Greater Manchester
Locations and dates are subject to change depending on the number of bookings we receive and the geographical location of delegates.
Early Bird Discounts
All bookings received before midnight Friday 22nd December 2017 will receive an early bird discount of 10%.
- Half day
- £180 Skills Academy Member
- Full day
- £250 Skills Academy Member
- £500 Non-Member
To secure your place, please book online via our booking form which can be found here.
For further information please contact: