The Triple Bar Nuclear Leadership (TBNL) is a two-day programme targeted at:-
- middle managers
- supervisors or team-leaders seeking to move to the next level of management
- graduates and/or completed apprentices, as part of their career development programmes
- who all work, or intend to work, within the nuclear industry or supply chain.
It looks at what is different about supplying to the nuclear sector, and it applies whether that is for new build, supporting existing facilities or decommissioning activities. It will help delegates understand what is different about the leadership and management style expected to be able to confidently work in the nuclear supply chain, and will suggest tools and techniques that will help establish the right business culture.
“Thanks to the trainers for the course. It was very well delivered and very useful. It left me with many things to think about incorporating into my role. I will certainly be recommending that Atkins send other employees on this course."
Andy Fowler, Senior Mechanical Engineer, ATKINS
By the end of the TBNL programme delegates will;
- Have a clearer understanding of the behaviours and traits expected of employees in a nuclear supply chain business.
- Have experienced some of the problems caused by poor leadership and employees not demonstrating these traits.
- Be able to take that knowledge and start to apply it to their leadership role within their business.
- Be able to recall the 10 INPO Traits of a Healthy Nuclear Culture and understand that the 8 WANO ‘Principles’ are the equivalent of the Traits.
The TBNL course has three areas of content or “bars” each with specific learning outcomes listed in more detail via the links below;
Duration / Content
Pre course work -1/2 a day -
Learners own time
Tutored course - 1 day -
Post course work - 1/2 a day -
Learners own time
3 case studies
|3 task group exercises||Reflective piece of work around 5 scenarios|
|INPO 10 traits of Healthy Nuclear Culture exercise||Various teach points on leaders’ role in nuclear awareness, nuclear quality & nuclear safety.||Nuclear Safety Culture Health Checker tool.|
|Tag 77 exercise||
|Delegate’s chosen action reminder post card|
|Workplace scenarios||Multi-choice assessment test||Certificate awarded of programme completed successfully in full.|
Full tutored course agenda can be found here.
- 24 May - South - Oxford
Alternatively, talk to us about having the TBNL programme run at your own site and at dates to suit your business, if you have a minimum of 10 delegates.
Locations and dates are subject to change depending on the number of bookings we receive and the geographical location of delegates.
Members - £350 plus VAT
Non-members - £550 plus VAT
Early Bird Discounts
- Midlands - December - No longer available.
- North East - March - A 10% discount will be applied for all bookings received by 22nd December 2017
- South - May - A 10% discount will be applied for all bookings received by 22nd December 2017
Please complete our online booking form by clicking here.
Alternatively, we would be happy to deliver this programme at your company’s site or at a suitable local venue of your choice (minimum 10 delegates).
For further information please contact: